I was in the service for a little over 23 years.

I was drafted into the Army in 1953. I took my basic training in Camp Roberts, California. After basic training I was assigned to Fort Lewis, Washington. I stayed at Fort Lewis for only 6 months. At Fort Lewis I was with the 44th Infantry Division 123rd Regiment Company G.

From Fort Lewis I wet to Eta Jima Japan for 11 weeks of pipeline and installation training. From Eta Jima I went to Pusan Korea and never worked in the field that I had just trained for. I ended up working in Signal Supply. I was with the 520th Signal Base Depot.

From Korea I went to Camp Otsu, Japan where I married my Girl friend that I had met while in Japan before. We left Japan in 1957. At Camp Otsu I was in the 8249th Army Unit, US Army Garrison.

From Japan I was assigned to Fort Riley, Kansas. I was there for 10 months. I was in the 1st Quartermaster Company of the 1st Infantry Division I got discharged from the Army in 1958 and re-enlisted in the Air Force 3 days later.

In the Air Force I went to F. E. Warren AFB, Wyoming for teletype school. The school lasted 11 weeks and I came out in the top 5 percent of the class.

From F. E. Warren I went to Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota. I was in the 347th AC&W Squadron I was there for only 6 months.

From Ellsworth I went to Siegelbach AS, Germany. I was in the 2005th Communications Squadron. I worked in the Torn Tape Relay and later in the Plan 55 Teletype Relay. For about 6 months I worked in the manual Autodin Center. We were there for 4 years and 7 months. During our time there we adopted our son Gordon.

From Siegelbach we went to McClellen AFB, California. I was in the 2049th Communications Group and worked in the Plan 55 Teletype Relay Center We were there for a little over 2 years.

From McClellen I went to Vietnam and was stationed in Tan Son Nhut AB In Tan Son Nhut I was with the 1876th Communications Squadron and worked in the Torn Tape Relay. My wife and son went to Japan and stayed with her mother. That was the longest year of my life.

From Vietnam I went to Yokota AB, Japan and we stayed there for 4 years. I was in the 2127th Communications Squadron and worked in the Base Communications Center. For a short time I worked in the TAC Communications Center. About half way through our tour there my mother-in-law passed away.

From Yokota we went to Gentile AFS, Ohio. There I  trained in Autodin Operation. After Autodin School I stayed and worked in the Autodin Center there at Gentile. We were there for 2 years and 3 months.

From Gentile we went back to Japan and Fuchu AS for 3 years. I was in the 1956th Communications Group and worked in the Weather Relay Center. I retired in Japan in 1976 and stayed there for 2 weeks to visit family before returning to Denver.

In Denver I worked 18 years for a division of Control Data. My wife passed away in 1992 and I retired 1994. After my father passed away in 1995 We moved to Tacoma Washington in 1997 where I still live. I left Denver for two reasons one I had only my son there and the Army Medical Center closed down. So I moved here in Tacoma to be close to a Medical Center until I was old enough to go on Medicare.

I was introduced to Bangonr Nelek by a mutual friend. This was around October of 2003. She was widowed July 4, 2003. Like my wife her husband died of cancer of the liver. I went to Thailand to meet her in April of 2004. I found her to be a very kind and loving person and completely honest. 

We put in for a fiancee visa in June of 2004 and she was given her 90 day visa in February 2005. I was there with her for her interview and we got to Seattle March 1, 2005 and got married the same night at my church congregation.

I September 2015 we moved from Tacoma, Washington to Udon Thani, Thailand. My son Gordon passed away in November 2013 so that left only me and my Sister of my family. Mother passed away June 27 1984. Dad Passed away June 10 1995.

The main reason we moved to Thailand my wife missed her family and rent in Tacoma started to get too expensive. We tore down the old house and built a new on. The payments on the are less then what our rent was going to be with the increase was going to be in October. Now what we are paying will be going for something we own. As of September 2018 we have paid off 1/3 of the coast of building.

These are the decorations that I earned overmy 23 years of service.